Indoor Netball follows most of the rules of the traditional outdoor version but adds a great twist with the use of nets all round.
Whereas traditional netball may be considered a sport for women, the indoor version is played by Men, Women and even Mixed teams creating a great fun atmosphere.
Netball competitions are played several nights throughout the week so there is sure to be a timeslot and grade that suits.
Gold Coast Indoor Sport are also the only centre on the Gold Coast that participates in the Superleague competition against other centres across South East Queensland, so if you are a little serious about your Indoor Netball, this is the place to be.
A quick run down of the rules played at Gold Coast Indoor Sport include:
- 7 players per team, each with a designated position and zone of the court they are allowed to move within (mixed teams are allowed a maximum of 3 men). 6 players per team in 6-a-side competitions.
- Extra players are allowed, but substitutions can only be made during half time breaks.
- Each match consists of 2 x 18 minute halves (players may change positions during the break).
- Netball is a non-contact sport and defenders must remain 1 metre from the ball-carrier.
- Because the court is completely surrounded by netting, there is no ‘out-of-bounds’, adding a dimension and tactics not available in traditional netball.
- Teams earn bonus points on the ladder by winning each half or ‘skin’.
What does it cost?
Match Fees: $91.00 per team per match for night time competition, $84 per team per match for ladies day time competition. Full fees are always payable, even if a team has less than 7 players. There is no membership or registration fee.